Edwards Associates is a consultancy firm that specializes in providing research, planning, evaluation and communications support to philanthropic foundations, non-profit organizations, think-tanks and international development groups. The President of the firm is Michael Edwards.
Michael Edwards is widely recognized as one of the world’s leading authorities on civil society, philanthropy and social change, with over thirty years experience as a grant giver, writer, researcher, evaluator, speaker, advocate and organizer across five continents. He has held senior positions in NGOs such as Oxfam and Save the Children, international organizations like the Ford Foundation and the World Bank, and knowledge institutions such as Demos in New York (where he is currently a Distinguished Senior Fellow) and the Brooks World Poverty Institute at Manchester University in the UK.
Mike is the author or editor of seventeen books and hundreds of articles and op-ed pieces, and his writings have changed the way we think about voluntary action and the transformation of society. He writes regularly for the Guardian, the Chronicle of Philanthropy, openDemocracy and other newspapers and magazines, and is a featured speaker at literary festivals and other events around the world. His latest book is Small Change: Why Business Won’t Save the World, a provocative look at the trend to rely on business in solving social problems. You can follow Michael’s writings on Twitter @edwarmi or visit his website at http://www.futurepositive.org.
Edwards Associates provides a wide range of services that are carefully-tailored to the needs and values of the non-profit world, with an emphasis on social justice, democratic participation, and transformational leadership. Examples of our work include:
- Production and editing of stories and other written materials, and support in placing them in relevant newspapers and magazines
- Project and program evaluation, with an emphasis on multi-method approaches that blend qualitative and quantitative data, indicators and techniques
- Strategic and scenario planning carried out in ways that excite the imagination of staff and trustees and avoid overly bureaucratic and formalistic models
- Education and training workshops on civil society, philanthropy and the non-profit sector, and how to marry personal with social transformation
- Talks written and prepared for your own particular needs and delivered to staff, trustees, supporters and other audiences
To find out more about our work or to discuss potential consultancy assignments, please contact Michael Edwards by email at email@example.com or by phone at 845-747-4708. Edwards Associates is based in upstate New York, two hours from Manhattan.